The Visit Ely team is based at Oliver Cromwell’s House and has a remit for the following:
- Tourist Information Centre – to provide a high quality, unrivalled official tourist information service including a guided walks programme that promotes Ely and the surrounding area as a key tourist destination.
- Oliver Cromwell’s House – to provide an informative and enjoyable experience for all visitors. To retain part of England’s heritage and educate its visitors about one of the most important men in English history.
- Gift Shop – to support the core business and assist in the promotion of Ely and Oliver Cromwell’s House, as well as providing products and ranges to meet visitor expectations.
- Function Room – to support the core business and provide facilities to enable events and activities to be held.
- Escape Room – to provide a high quality, fun, immersive leisure activity for Ely which supports the core business whilst maintaining its historic links with Oliver Cromwell’s House.
- Tourism and Town Centre Development – to effectively market Ely and the surrounding area as a key tourist destination across all platforms including digital and print. To effectively communicate and network with tourism and town centre businesses and carry out initiatives and projects to re-vitalise Ely city centre to ensure it is a pleasant place to live, work and visit. To represent the City at regional and national level on all Tourism and Town Centre partnerships.
- Event Management – to put on key events (eg. Eel Festival Weekend and Apple Festival) to promote the area’s distinctiveness, increase footfall and dwell time and maximise income potential and spread economic benefit across the City.
Please note that Visit Ely, as part of the City of Ely Council, operates the Tourism and Town Centre Service.
In relation to the town centre, this covers initiatives including promotion of independent retailers, but matters of rates, street cleaning, graffiti and such assorted functions and any issues with said functions, should be addressed to East Cambridgeshire District Council, who retain these services and can be contacted on 01353 665555 or via email using firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Ely, Oliver Cromwell’s House, 29 St Mary’s Street, Ely, Cambs. CB7 4HF. Tel: 01353 662062