ELY YOUTH FORUM
- To create a forum in which a healthy debate can occur on social and community issues across Ely which affect youth, seeking opinions and views.
- To identify and develop ideas/projects that will benefit youth.
- To reward those who contribute to society as a whole.
- To enhance public perception of youth as useful members of our society.
- To play a full role in the strategic partnership set up to improve the relationship between the local authorities, business, main stream education and Further and Higher education providers, resulting in the provision of a greater level of opportunities for youth employment in the Ely area
Structure of the Committee
The Forum consists of six councillors including the current Mayor and Deputy Mayor.
Representatives of youth organisations, other organisations with a youth commitment and businesses who have a social community objective will be invited to join.
It is proposed that the Forum meets quarterly and sets its own agenda. Apart from the administrative costs which the City Council will provide there will be no specific funding. However, the Forum will have the right to raise funds for projects which will enable the objectives to be achieved.