Recreation & Cemetery Committee
To nurture pride in the City of Ely by promoting and developing the recreation and play areas owned by the City of Ely Council and developing Ely cemetery in co-operation with the citizens of Ely, local businesses and other organisations.
Play areas in: Stuntney, Hallfield Terrace; Prickwillow, Main Street; Ely, High Barnes, St John’s Road, Willow Walk, Paradise Play Area, The Park and Columbine Road.
Ely Cemetery and Chapels.
On behalf of the City of Ely Council, the Committee has powers that it exercises through considering and recommending ways to manage and improve its assets through co-operative working in the following areas:
- The acquisition and maintenance of land for public recreation; the provision of a range of recreational facilities.
- The provision, maintenance and acquisition of cemeteries; and contributing towards the expenses of cemeteries.
Structure of the Committee
The Recreation and Cemetery Committee comprises four council members, plus the Mayor and Deputy Mayor as ex-officio members. The Committee’s members all sit on the Planning Committee.
The committee will discharge its responsibilities by:
- Meeting four times a year and reporting to Full council.
- Regularly inspecting, renovating and replacing existing equipment where needed on its play areas.
- Planning and budgeting for new play areas and equipment on existing and planned housing and business developments where there are deficiencies.
- Overseeing the regular maintenance of the cemetery.
- Overseeing the management of requests for burials, associated monuments, and use of the chapel.
- Inspecting and maintaining trees on the cemetery and play areas on a regular basis.
- Planning and budgeting for additions burial spaces and the development of the chapels to meet additional demands arising from planned housing and business developments.
It will use its powers in facilitating the development of play areas and the promotion of the use of the cemetery and chapels by:
- Regular consultation with the local community
- Participation in Community Panels, the City Forum, and representation at other relevant meetings and groups.
- Regular liaison with East Cambridgeshire District Council (ECDC), Cambridgeshire County Council, the ECDC Access Group.
- Scrutiny and timely response to all relevant policy reviews and consultations.
- Participation on planning committees.
- Participating in the development of plans for infra-structure changes that will result from future housing and business development within Ely and that will be funded by the Parish share of the Community Infrastructure Levy.
No Events were found.
- Recreation & Cemetery 17th January 2011
- Recreation & Cemetery 14th March 2011
- Recreation & Cemetery 16th May 2011
- Recreation & Cemetery 18th July 2011
- Recreation & Cemetery 12th September 2011
- Recreation & Cemetery 3rd October 2011
- Recreation & Cemetery 30th January 2012
- Recreation & Cemetery 26th March 2012
- Recreation & Cemetery 18th June 2012
- Recreation & Cemetery 22nd October 2012
- Recreation & Cemetery 4th February 2013
- Recreation & Cemetery 29th March 2013
- Recreation & Cemetery 9th September 2013
- Recreation & Cemetery 29th April 2013
- Recreation & Cemetery 4th February 2014
- Recreation & Cemetery 31st March 2014
- Recreation & Cemetery 9th June 2014
- Recreation & Cemetery 2nd February 2015
- Recreation & Cemetery 23rd June 2015
- Recreation & Cemetery 21st October 2015
- Recreation & Cemetery 18th January 2016
- Recreation & Cemetery 23rd May 2016
- Recreation & Cemetery 18th July 2016
- Recreation & Cemetery 12th September 2016
- Recreation & Cemetery 8th November 2016